MDP MI02 Vice Chairperson Report
October 14, 2023
October 14, 2023
- I am also Chair of the Manistee County Democratic Party (MCDP) which held our annual Don Jennings Award Dinner on Saturday September 16th. This was a very successful fundraiser exclusively to support candidates in the 2024 election cycle. See my Manistee County Chairperson report for details or check out our website using this link: https://www.manisteecountydemocrats.us/
- My September monthly OpEd published in the Manistee News Advocate was focused on the importance of engaging younger voters and being genuinely curious about learning what is important to them regarding our local, state, and federal government. The Republican response printed on the same page dredged up 2020 election fraud claims and blamed AG Nessel for refusing to continue an investigation that found no evidence of fraud and then went on to criticize her indictment of the 16 Republican false electors as “weaponizing” her office.
- I am a Regional Vice Chair of the MDP Rural Caucus responsible for Manistee, Mason, Wexford, Oceana, and Lake counties. I remain active in collaborating with the Rural Caucus in developing an active legislative lobbying committee that will be focused on improving communication and advocating for the specific issues of importance to rural Michigan voters. We are collaborating with the County Democratic Parties in Muskegon, Oceana, Mason, and Manistee to improve party engagement in support of candidates for Michigan House and Senate in 2024.
- I have made regular postings to the Defund Moolenaar Facebook group that has repeatedly called out the misinformation and lies he has posted on social media. It is very important for you NOT to respond to Moolenaars social media posts directly as your response will do nothing but amplify his gaslighting messages and result in more people seeing his lies and misinformation. The best way to respond is to create your own post on your own page/site like I do on the DEFUND Moolenaar page. Please also utilize the #wedeservebetter on your posts as this also helps us get our messages amplified and more widely distributed. Please join this Facebook group by using this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/993656977917278
- Moolenaar has continued to be very active on social media campaigning against the Gotion battery plant project in Mecosta County. He seems obsessed that this opportunity to provide 2300+ good paying jobs will become a nest of spies for the Chinese Communist Party. He remains totally oblivious and tone deaf to the collaboration and cooperation of Mecosta County and township elected officials of both parties who are working together to bring this project to fruition. He is obviously not properly tuned in to the real issues and concerns of the voters and residents of Mecosta County. #wedeservebetter.